Finally, a hydraulic lifter for the HEMI's that is designed for the higher horsepower application. An OEM factory part in engines making well over 700 horsepower, these lifters are our choice in all of our high horsepower applications.
These Non-MDS lifters from MOPAR will work as a direct replacement in any Gen3 HEMI engine application to include:
- 2003-2008 5.7L Non-VVT Engines (Magnum, Charger, 300C, Ram, Grand Cherokee, Durango, Aspen)
- 2009-Current 5.7L VVT Engines (Charger, Challenger, 300C, Ram, Grand Cherokee, Durango, Aspen)
- 2006-2010 6.1L SRT-8 Engines (Challenger, Charger, 300C, Magnum, Grand Cherokee SRT-8)
- 2011-Current 6.4L SRT-8 Engines (Challenger, Charger, 300C, Grand Cherokee SRT-8)
- 2015-Current 6.2L Hellcat SRT-8 Engines (Charger, Challenger)
If you currently have MDS (Cylinder Shut Down) and are switching to these non-mds lifters in order to remove the OE MDS-Lifters which cannot support the larger camshafts and will collapse under the higher loads you will need to turn off the MDS operation in your calibration.
Typical lifespan we have seen of the MOPAR lifters is approx. 75,000 miles in the HEMI. If you are performing engine work and are nearing this mileage we highly recommend installing a fresh set of lifters while the engine is apart. Cylinder heads must be removed to replace lifters.
Use of engine oil without Zinc may accelerate lifter and cam lobe wear in your engine.